In 2017, CAPS and ABRC, along with the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center and the Office of Energy and Environment came together to plan the inaugural West Campus Science & Sustainability Festival (WestFest). This free public event was designed to highlight the research and outreach taking place on The Ohio State University’s West Campus and beyond. Faculty, staff and students from a variety of units across campus, along with a few community organizations, came together to promote STEM with hands-on activities, demonstrations and tours. Our first event was a huge success! Despite some questionable weather, we estimate that more than 400 people attended the four hour event. Thanks to the success of the 2017 event, we have decided to make this an annual affair. We are looking forward to hosting the fourth annual WestFest event this year!
WestFest 2020 - September 12th, 10:00-2:00 p.m.
Check back later this year for a list of WestFest 2020 partners and other event details.
Do you work in STEM at OSU? Are you a community partner engaged in STEM education? Contact us if you are interested in being a WestFest partner.
WestFest 2019 festival partners:
- Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center
- Arne Sletteback Planetarium, Department of Astronomy
- Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center
- Center for Applied Plant Sciences
- Center for Automotive Research
- Center for Urban and Regional Analysis
- Columbus GreenSpot
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Molecular Genetics, Zebrafish Facility
- ElectroScience Laboratory
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Initiative for Food and AgriCultural Transformation
- Language Sciences Research Lab @ COSI
- Museum of Biological Diversity
- Ohio 4-H
- Ohio Bioproducts Innovation Center
- Ohio State Energy Partners/ENGIE
- Ohio Water Resources Center
- Olentangy River Wetlands Research Park
- Orton Geological Museum
- Stone Laboratory/Ohio Sea Grant
- Sustainability Institute