A multidisciplinary team of researchers studied coffee. Fundamental studies of the genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, and physiology were conducted by CAPS researchers. The goals of such research were to identify how environmental factors affect coffee quality and identify opportunities for increasing its value to consumers.
- Principal Investigator: Erich Grotewold
- Co-Investigator: Ana Alonso
- Co-Investigator: Enrico Bonello
- Co-Investigator: Thaddeus Ezeji
- Co-Investigator: Thomas Mitchell
- Co-Investigator: Joshua Blakeslee
Press Release information for this project can be found here [Coffee].