The CAPS seminar series is a weekly informational session for members of the CAPS community as well anyone from the greater community who are interested in applied plant sciences. The seminars are a great opportunity to share research and a phenomenal way to connect to the Ohio State scientific community.
Thursday CAPS Seminars!
Starting in January 2020, the CAPS seminars are moving to
Thursday from 4:00 – 5:00 PM.
For the first time in 7 years, the CAPS seminar series has four major updates:
- It is moving to a new day and time starting January 2020: Thursdays 4:00 – 5:00 PM.
- The CAPS seminar is hosted in Columbus (Rightmire) or Wooster (Thorne) with a video link that can be provided to anyone so they can watch remotely. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in viewing the live presentation remotely. Most presentations are recorded and can be accessed on-demand after the presentations.
- Listening sessions will be hosted on the first Thursday of the month (starting February 6, 2020). People from the CAPS community can nominate featured guests to get a better understanding to expand connections. Examples might be from industry or internally here with TCO.
- There is a break from CAPS seminar over the summer semester. However, if a guest speaker’s best time to present is over the summer, we will have special presentations for those speakers.
As a reminder, to find a list of 2020 speakers please click here. If you would like to speak at a CAPS seminar, please view the 2020 CAPS seminar schedule to find an available date and email email@example.com with your selection.
Please use the links on the right of this page if you are interested in:
- Receiving weekly emails about CAPS
- Nominating and hosting an external speaker for a CAPS seminar
- Viewing speakers and abstracts from previous years
- Attending a plant related seminar in another unit