Anne Dorrance is a professor in the Department of Plant Pathology at The Ohio State University where she has a split appointment in research and extension in diseases of field crops. She received her Ph.D. degree in 1995 from Virginia Tech and a postdoc at Washington State University. Her soybean pathology research program is located at the Ohio Agricultural Development Center in Wooster, Ohio.
Dr. Dorrance’s research is focused on identifying and characterizing sources of resistance to soil borne pathogens of soybean; studying the inheritance and mechanisms that contribute to the expression of resistance, evaluating management strategies for soybean diseases in reduced and no-till production systems. Dr. Dorrance has received several awards including the American Soybean Association Special Meritorious Award and The American Phytopathological Society Excellence in Extension in 2009.
- Characterizing resistance to soybean root pathogens
- AS Biology, Herkimer County Community College, NY
- BS Forest Biology, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, NY
- MS Plant Pathology, University of Massachusetts
- Ph.D Plant Pathology, Virginia Tech